was successfully added to your cart.

My first Blog post – By Matt Machine

Posted by | March 30, 2014 | News | 21 Comments

blog-post-matt-riding

It was nice to watch the sun come up this morning. I didn’t get much sleep last night, tossing and turning and thinking about what I had to do today. Last minute tweaks and adjustments to the website and The Machine Files 001.

Got to say I’m a little freaked, but I’m quietly confident that you all will love the first release. I’ve chosen a personal favourite, probably one of most peoples favourites, the 1975 900SS Ducati. Its hard not to stop in your tracks when you see one up close and personal.

I’ve got a lot of thank you messages to send out. Everybody has been so patient with me while I have been preparing this release.

I hope to write a couple of blog posts over the next couple of days and let everyone know the response so stay tuned. I will be using this blog from now on to get news out about what is happening at Machine, and also the latest release information etc.

Regards and thanks to everyone who has supported me and my total obsession with motorbikes.

Matt.

21 Comments

• Congratulations Matt! It looks great. I really hope that everybody will embrace the detailed long format approach. While most folks are writing 140 character statements and low resolution individual photos, what we really need is more high quality information. I’m glad to see you diving deep into a worthy subject. Keep up the good work.

Regards,
    Pete

• Alfred says:

Hi Matt,
    I was wondering why you didn’t post on your “old” blog anymore. I see now why! This loks great! Good luck.

• Roger Chambers says:

G’day mate,
    wow, love this site and blog…….very excited by your start and the potential for the future.

• Damien says:

Congratulations mate! Looks great, even on my phone as I sit on location. Keen to get home and have a good viewing on a larger device. I’m sure a lot of us are going to enjoy the ride wih you.
    Great effort and congrats again. DD

• Alessandro Accebbi says:

Great job, Matt! Love website and blog, all! Congrats from Italy!

• Matt Machine says:

Thanks Pete, Alfred, Roger, Damien and Alessandro….its been a lot of work to get it up and running but its here. So glad the feedback is so positive….Its funny when you are so close to something its easy to lose perspective….

MM

• rick bradner says:

Let’s spread this around the globe a bit!
    Congrats from Vancouver Matt!
    Reading you first post got me thinking about how I became involved in this pursuit (not really a hobby but not really a job either!). I’m a designer now but when I was a kid in the early 60s I fell in love with the aesthetics of a Bugatti T35 in a Road & Track magazine someone brought me while I was recovering from an operation; nothing on that car that didn’t make it faster. As I grew older I began to appreciate not just the bodywork of cars, but the beauty of those mechanisms that made them dynamic; Ardun heads, fined aluminum Alfa 1750 manifold, Vincent rockers…
    Rods, bikes, sports cars; we’ve all followed different roads to get here, but we all share the excitement of the next project!
    cheers

• Matt Machine says:

Couldnt have said it better Rick.
      PS, if you have a spare set of Ardun Heads in the garage can you post them to me?!?!?…..

• John Dolber says:

Excellent site! I’m looking forward to the inspiration you always bring! The photos are top notch as always!

• Guy says:

Matt, just got a sub… looking forward to this. Best of luck with it, I know it will be a well considered and quality endeavour, like everything you do.

• GeoKan says:

Best wishes from Greece on your new journey Matt!!!
    And like a Greek poet once wrote: “It’s the journey that counts most, not the destination”
    So don’t freak out at all and seize every new experience that you will meet on your path.

• Nick says:

Great read Matt, really liked reading about your ideas, like you, I know how many old skills are passing by quickly, old skills most modern folks don’t understand .
    Look forward to seeing more !
    ( how much to post a Machine T shirt to UK ? )

Cheers !
    Nick

• Matt Machine says:

hey Nick, thanks ….if you add the tshirt to your cart it will calculate the postage based on your location…(bout $10 or 12 maybe)

mm

• Alex says:

Another Canadian, Wakefield, Québec, (just north of Ottawa) looking in on you. Almost lost hope of seeing you on the web again. Good to see you back!

• nickysteps says:

Hi Matt,

Loving this new site, and have been following your endeavours online for some time, If I could echo the sentiment of the other gents posting replies, truly great work indeed.

“If you don’t know history ,then you don’t know anything, you are a leaf that doesn’t know it’s part of a tree” – M Crichton

• Laurie Faen says:

A beautiful site. Lots of inspiration and almost enough Moto Guzzi to get me through the day.
    Happy trails.

• あなたは、これが適切な仕事を識別していることを確認しますか?私のパートナーと私は再びすべての上だけに必要いけないそれらをSUMITしたいいけません!おそらくあなたのブログが利用可能glitcedまたは、おそらく、他の範囲は、個人的に私を驚かせるdoesntのおめでたいイム:)。一流のブログでお願いします!

• 私は多くのtestmoniesによって終了されている読み、イムそのような忠実なクリスチャン〜を自慢に思うが、非常に主を信頼し続けることを奨励しているが待っshare..moreのための素晴らしいPost.thanksを

• 私はGoogleであなたのブログサイトを発見し、あなたの初期の記事のいくつかを確認します。動作極上を維持し続けています。私のMSN情報リーダーにRSSフィードを私はちょうど余分な。先後にあなたからより多くを勉強しようとしています!